|Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2|
Thanks to SamMobile we already can download the pre release for Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Well, as we already know Samsung promised that it will bring the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 to their Samsung Galaxy S III phones immediately a while after they released their newly Samsung Galaxy S IV smartphone.
The new update will have almost the same functions as Samsung Galaxy S IV except for those that are bound to the hardware options. SamMobile announced that they were expecting a Jelly Bean 4.2.2 release this summer and just after a while they released the I9300XXUFME7 – Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean leaked firmware for the Galaxy S III so users can check the new upcoming functionalities.
Here, we are posting the Youtube video explaining the features coming with the new Android update.
And here is the list put by SamMobile.
New enhancements in Android 4.2.2 update
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
- Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!
Make sure you follow the directions carefully below. Let us know how it is.
WARNINGS- This is a PRE-RELEASE firmware and is not officially released by Samsung.
- This is just like any official firmware, it DOESN’T increase the binary counter nor changes the system state.
Firmware DetailsAndroid Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Open Europe
Build Date: 21 May 2013
Flashing Instructions- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_I9300XXUFME7_HOME.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+ Power + Volume Up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go
Just as you, i am barely waiting for the new awesome Android update and their features. I have already checked Samsung Galaxy S IV and Jelly Bean 4.2.2 looks more robust and has a more elegant look to it. No wonder Samsung gets most of the Android fans getting their smartphones because they do care about updating their older devices with newer system updates.